Air conditioning is now standard in over 2/3rds of new cars, and many of us are accustomed to how well they keep the car cool during hot summer months.
However it is not widely known that the Air conditioning unit, like other parts of your vehicle, needs regular servicing to keep it running at its optimum level. To ensure that your air conditioning is working effectively it should be serviced every two years. A correctly maintained Air conditioning unit is not only useful in ensuring driver and passenger comfort but also:
- Keeps windows free of condensation, through dryer air
- Reduces the level of fumes and other pollutants entering the vehicle
- Prevents allergens entering the vehicle
The average Air conditioning unit will lose up to 10% - 15% of its efficiency each year, and as it is not generally part of the annual service it can be easily overlooked.
Here at Abacus we offer various maintenance options for your vehicles Air conditioning system
Air conditioning service - £85 including vat
- Temperature checks (before and after comparison given)
- Full visual inspection
- Recovery of refrigerant
- Evacuation of air and moisture from the system
- Leak test including adding a UV leak detection gas
- Recharging to recommended levels, adding fresh system oil as necessary according to manufacturer’s guidelines
- Air conditioning cleaner/disinfectant to clear bacterial build up and remove any unpleasant smells
- Cabin/pollen filter replacement
Air Conditioning Re-gas - £54 including vat
Air Conditioning health check is carried out including a UV leak detection dye and replacement of existing gas with fresh gas
Anti-Bacterial treatment - £24.99 including vat
Air conditioning systems can often collect bacteria and develop unpleasant odours this option includes a full health check along with an anti-bacterial disinfectant treatment
Free Air Conditioning Health Check
If you notice a difference in the temperature outputted by your Air conditioning, or it has been more than two years since it was last serviced then we are happy to perform a free diagnosis and health check of your system. A technician will carry out a full visual inspection, and perform tests to check temperature output and compressor operation. You will then receive a full report explaining an recommended repairs by a technician in plain English.
Phone today to book your vehicle in for a free air-con health check or any of our other Air conditioning options on 01527 60047